To treat a cavity, your dentist will remove the decay and then place a dental filling to restore the area where the decay has destroyed or weakened the tooth. Dental fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down from tooth grinding. There are many filling options available and the dentists at Grace Dental are dedicated to protecting and improving your oral health. Call and schedule an appointment today to discuss the best treatment options available. Grace Dental is conveniently located in the Fountains Plaza in Palm Harbor to serve you.
What is involved in a dental filling?
- Local anesthetic may be used to numb the area where the filling will be placed.
- Professional instruments are used to remove the decayed or broken down tooth structure.
- The cavity is cleaned of bacteria, and unhealthy tooth structure.
- The dental filling is placed on the remaining healthy tooth structure and then bonded.
- The bite is adjusted and the restoration is polished.
There are several different types of dental filling materials that are commonly used. Filling material may consist of gold, porcelain, silver amalgam or tooth covered plastic, and glass materials called composite resin fillings. The dentists at Amazing expression nevertheless do not place silver amalgam fillings since these contain mercury which is a known toxin to human health. Dentists at Amazing Expressions will assist in determining the restorations that would best suit your dental needs.
The American Dental Association recommends a dental check-up every six months to maintain good oral health. Call Palm Harbor dentist, Grace Dental today to schedule a visit. Our friendly staff members are available to answer any of your questions regarding fillings or other dental issues.